Welcome to Denver’s award winning loft style apartments. Capitol Heights offers studio, one and two bedroom apartments - affordable and comfortable urban living. Choose from over 40 floor plans ranging from unique loft style or more traditional layouts. With just 145 residences, you never become just a name in our Rolodex. We believe, dollar for dollar, it pays to be the smaller community with the larger apartments. And our urban contemporary design is as unique as you are!!
We require that each applicant/adult occupant meet certain rental criteria. Before you fill out our Rental Application, we suggest that you review these criteria to determine whether you meet the requirements. Please note that the term “Applicant” provided below applies to all residents to be identified on the Rental Agreement/Lease and the person(s) responsible for paying the rent. These are our current criteria; nothing contained in these requirements constitutes a guarantee or representation by Management or Owner. These requirements are subject to change without notice. Management reserves the right to make exceptions to the below criteria based on federal rules pertaining to protected classes. Additionally, our ability to verify and determine if these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various credit reporting agencies.
1) AGE: Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY GUIDELINES: STUDIO: One (1) person ONE BEDROOM: Two (2) persons TWO BEDROOM: Four (4) Persons
3) LEASE TERM: All prices quoted are for a 12 month lease term. Market rate applicants may request a 6 month lease term for an increase of $75 per month. Affordable rates are a 12 month lease term only. Month-to-month rates are not available at move-in.
4) APPLICATION FEE & DEPOSIT: A $50 (no cash) non-refundable application fee per applicant, is required for processing each application. A $250 holding deposit (certified funds only) is due when the application is submitted, which when approved becomes part of the Security Deposit. The standard Security Deposit is $500 with good credit and rental history. Security Deposit amount is dependent on credit and rental history and can be up to one month's rent.
Apartments will not be held off the market without the holding deposit. If applicant is declined, holding deposit will be refunded. The additional $250 of the Security Deposit along with the first month’s rental payment is due on or before move-in date. MOVE-IN MONEY MUST BE IN THE FORM OF CERTIFIED FUNDS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
5) EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: Six months current verifiable employment with a gross monthly income at least two and one-half (2.5) times the monthly rent is required. If current employment is less than six months, we must be able to verify two (2) years of previous employment or else a cosigner may be required. Employment will be verified with a human resources or payroll department; income verification may require copies of pay stubs. Self-employed applicants must provide a copy of the previous year’s federal tax return or a financial statement from a CPA.
6) RENTAL HISTORY: Applicant must provide not less than twelve (12) months of current verifiable landlord/rental history or be required to pay one month’s rent as deposit upon move in. An applicant will not be approved if there is any outstanding balance due to another apartment community. Additionally, all adult occupants must have an acceptable rental history with no prior evictions or history of default in lease obligations or community policies.
The following information will be verified: (a) length of residency, (b) consistency / timing of payments, (c) adherence to community policies, (d) if proper notice was given. Family members and friends will be excluded as verifiable rental history.
7) CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: Please ask for our criminal background screening policy.
8) CREDIT: A credit report from a national credit reporting agency and a public record search will be run for each applicant. Eviction records, bankruptcy within the last two (2) years or a derogatory credit rating (i.e., unpaid collections, charged off accounts or accounts more than 30 days past due) are all cause for an application being declined. Outstanding medical bills or student loans will not necessarily cause an applicant to be declined if applicant can show repayment efforts are being made.
9) CO-SIGNERS: Co-signers are only accepted for financial support. No rental history and/or poor credit will require a higher Security & Damage Deposit. Cosigners are accepted with the following requirements: (a) must be a relative (rare exceptions possible at manager’s discretion) (b) if two or more unrelated applicants, applicants may be required to provide their own co-signer (see (a) above), (c) must be a homeowner or have 5 years verifiable employment, (d) must have verifiable credit in good standing and must have a household income of five (5) times the amount of the apartment rent.
10) PETS: Cats & dogs are welcome in our community at the discretion of management (ask for our restricted breed list), two (2) pets max per apartment. A pet deposit of $150 and a pet fee of $250 is required at move in. A deposit is required for dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets. Additionally, a pet rent of $30 for one pet or $50 for two pets per month will be charged. We do allow “traditional” pets including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, small caged birds and fish (tanks over 75 gal— standard fee and deposit required). Exotic or wild animals, such as iguanas, hedgehogs and snakes are not allowed.
11) PARKING: Garage parking is available for residents at Capitol Heights. We have both single and tandem spaces. Please ask our leasing staff about our garage parking options.